Sunday, November 4, 2012

Something for the Grandkids...and others if they like

Santa Fe, New Mexico, November 2012.  Greetings to my Grandkids: Granddaughters Skye and Rayne, and grandsons, Ben and Luke.  Now, I know Skye and Rayne check our travel blog from time to time, and a "little birdie" told me that Ben also reads my blog.  And I bet little Luke would check it, too, if he could read. Anyway, Grandma and I have been visiting and sightseeing in Santa Fe, New Mexico, for the past few days, and are really enjoying ourselves.  This is a great place to visit.  Beautiful southwestern scenery, with red rock formations, stunning sunsets and clear night skies with thousands of stars shinning brightly, and outstanding weather. Lots of sunshine, warm temperatures, and cool nights.  There's also some "desert" scenery, usually with cactus and lots of sand.  A couple days ago we drove into the old historic part of Santa Fe, called The Plaza.  This old town square has oodles of shops and art galleries.  And many of these art galleries decorate the outside of their building with statues and sculptures.  Most of them are made out of bronze, a type of metal, and many of them are really funny.  I took dozens of photos and decided to put them on a blog entry just for my grandchildren.  I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did.  I put a title on each photo; see if you can think of a better one.  Let me know what you think, okay?  Lots of love and hugs to each of you.  We miss you and love you so very, very much.  We should be seeing you shortly as we make our way back to the East Coast.   Can't wait to see you guys!  Love, PaPa

Two Bears Napping After Lunch

Here Piggy, Piggy

Sleepy Hound Dog

Indian Warrior with Rifle

Listen, little sister, this is how it is.

Kids at Play at the Beach

Pretty Girl with Flower Basket

Children Playing in a Pond

Ring Around the Rosie

Swing Me, Swing Me!

I Love to Swing...and pick flowers at the same time!

And here's the last photo for this blog entry...a very fierce looking Dragon.  He was actually taller than PaPa. Can anyone come up with a title?





1 comment:

  1. cool status papa they look really cool did you like them to where are you guys going next? Are you guys coming to are house on Christmas and when do you what me and Skye's Christmas list?
    Bye love,
    Rayne

    ReplyDelete