Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Photo of the Day

Tuesday, 29 January 2013.  Here's another shot I took the other day with the Canon 35-105mm lens.  At first I wasn't sure what I was looking at and actually had to get closer to make sure what it was.  I think the Willow Tree campground is attempting to deter the Canadian geese from using their 36-acre lake as a stopover on their journey back north.  I've only seen two geese since we arrived and only a few ducks.  As with any campground trying to keep things clean, neat and well-maintained, keeping geese poop off the grounds is a primary concern.  We've been at several campgrounds during our travels where the geese poop is a REAL problem.  Anyway, the campground staff appears to be trying to "scare" any geese/ducks away with these fake animals. I'm assuming this is a fake "fox" with a snarl on its lips, but it could be something else.  A wild dog?  Any guesses?  From a distance you have to take a second look -- as you get closer you can see its a fake.  Must be working, though, since the staff has placed several around the lake and at the beach.  We'll see as it gets warmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment